Sunday, April 3, 2011

Heroes

Heroes!!! Who is the real hero? Your favorite football player? The local celebrity? Or a man who rushes into a burning building to save someone else and as they turn to shake his hand they realize he has gone without notice? Well i pick the man who rushed into the fire without thought of reward. I also chose the one who laid down His life for all mankind without wanting anything back except our love. These were Heroes not men who play games for the dollar bill. They will never hold a candle to the unknown man and The Christ. If your heroes are football players and rock stars then i pity you. You put worth where there is none. These men and women are most often selfish and only want your money. The same money you could have used to help the poor, but no you make these so called heroes rich off of your own hard earned money. Think about that the next time you pass a homeless person and give them nothing. And remember this Scripture
"Matthew 25:40-46 40 And in reply the king will say to them, ‘Truly I say to YOU, To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me.’
41 “Then he will say, in turn, to those on his left, ‘Be on YOUR way from me, YOU who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but YOU gave me nothing to eat, and I got thirsty, but YOU gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but YOU did not receive me hospitably; naked, but YOU did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but YOU did not look after me.’ 44 Then they also will answer with the words, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them with the words, ‘Truly I say to YOU, To the extent that YOU did not do it to one of these least ones, YOU did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment