Thursday, August 12, 2010

Are You Truly Saved ?

Is it possible to be saved and still sin. I myself have not reached perfection yet But everyday i strive to achieve it. Its our Honer and Duty to God as Christians to do so. Jesus told us in (Matt 5 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.) Well that tells me that one of my goals is to achieve this. But can i do this myself. This is what Jesus said about that (Matthew 19:24-26 ... [26] Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”) So Jesus said it was possible for men to be perfect. So when you are saved what happens. First you are cleansed of your sins Right? Now ask yourself this question If i take a bath and im clean Would i go afterwards  and wallow with the pigs? I would hope not Then being washed clean would have been in vain. Its just like being washed clean of your sins. Afterwards you dont go wallow in the mud with the sinners. So when Jesus said Repent and sin no more He meant it. He also said in (John 14-15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.) So if we truly love God it wont be a task at all to keep His commandments. It will come naturally. Many disregard the law of God believing they are under grace. They also believe that they can do as they please and suffer no consequences just because they are saved. But let me ask you this. Are you really saved with this kind of mindset. I would think not One who is truly saved would never think such a thing and if someone close to you is teaching these things Rebuke them in the Love Of Christ if they dont turn from this then go your way.“If you love me you will keep my commandments,” says Jesus to us today (John 14:15). We could say that is a very strong statement by Jesus. Does this mean that every time we sin we do not love Jesus? Yes. Although we love Jesus, every time we commit sin we love something or someone else more than Jesus. If we love Jesus more than anything else we will keep ourselves free from sin for Jesus. If we love Jesus we will strive to give ourselves totally to him. When we sin we are giving ourselves to something other than Jesus or to somebody other than Jesus. And when we love Jesus with all our heart, soul, mind and strength we will not want to put anything, no matter how small, before Jesus. Again the words of Jesus in our Gospel are, “If you love me you will keep my commandments.” (John 14:15) Sometimes we hear people make statements like, “Jesus understands that I am human. He will forgive me.” Jesus is forgiving, we do not doubt Jesus’ mercy. But if we love Jesus more than anything we will put Jesus before whatever it is that is tempting us and we will try to root that sin out of our lives completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment